At Anahata, yoga is about balance.
Yoga teaches you how to use your body and breath to restore balance in all the layers of yours being.
We guide you in your yoga practice to strike a balance between strength, stamina, flexibility and awareness.
- Hatha yoga is a physical and psychological discipline that combines the learning and practice of postures (asana), breathing techniques (pranayama) and relaxation /meditation.
- The practice of yoga is suitable for both young and old and for people from all walks of life.
- Hatha yoga is a holistic practice and releases endorphins in the brain as well as any other regular exercise program. Yoga postures stretch, extend, and flex the spine, while exercising muscles and joints, keeping the body strong and supple. When done in conjunction with breathing techniques, hatha yoga postures stimulate circulation, digestion and the nervous and endocrine systems.
- The postures range from the basic to the complex, from the easily accomplished to the very challenging. While the movements tend to be slow and controlled, they provide an invigorating workout for the mind and body, including the internal organs.
- Relaxation and awareness are key to the practice and enable lasting benefits.
- Classes run for 60 to 75 minutes. Loose comfortable clothing should be worn and some warm layers for the relaxation.
Ashtanga Yoga Class
- Ashtanga means 8 limbed and refers to the eight fold path of practice created by the yogic sage Patanjali. The path of practice includes ethical codes of personal and social behaviour as well as practices of physical, mental and sensorial discipline to lead us to self evolvement and realisation.
- Ashtanga Yoga in the Mysore tradition is an application of the teachings of Patanjali by K.Pattabhi Jois.
- Ashtanga yoga is a dynamic flow of asana or postures. Each movement is coordinated with breath, a conscious control of energy flows within the body and a focused gaze.
- The postures themselves offer the same benefits as found in Hatha yoga but are in a more dynamic presentation.
- Classes run for 75 to 90 minutes. Loose comfortable clothing should be worn and some warm layers for the relaxation.
- Prenatal Yoga provides a perfect opportunity for “Mum’s to be” to balance their changing bodies and prepare for birth and beyond.
- The class focuses on posture work, breathing techniques for labour and relaxation; leaving you with a kit-bag of tools you can apply to the various stages of your pregnancy.
- These classes offer a time out from daily demands so that you can tune into your needs and connect with your developing baby. In this nourishing environment practical information is shared as you meet with other expectant Mum’s.
- The class is for 90 minutes, bring warm clothing for relaxation, other props are provided.
Kids Yoga Classes
- As your children’s guides, you understand that they are keen to explore and imitate what they see, hear and experience. Yoga for kids provides a fun way for your child to develop habits which can guide him/her towards a vital,healthy and happy life.
- With the use of stories and imagery, postures, breathing and relaxation techniques are in instructed in an inspirational way to catch your child’s imagination,draw on their of sense of fun and curiosity for life.
- Class is for 75 minutes, wear loose comfortable clothing and feel free to bring a friend!